I created this site as a place to write about:
- Linux and related programming interests
- Other problems I’ve solved and want to remember
The name “bloovis” comes from a coworker at Digital Research in the 1980s, who used names like blivot, blotz, and bloovis for variables in test programs.
I have worked as a programmer since 1976:
- National Semiconductor microprocessor group (numerous projects)
- two defunct startups (operating systems)
- Digital Research (operating systems)
- Borland (C runtime libraries)
- MetaWare (C runtime libraries)
- two more defunct startups
- Cygnus (GDB)
- Borland again (debugger)
- VMware (virtual machine monitor testing) for eleven years.
I retired from paid programming work in June 2015.
I studied computer science (back when it was called “information sciences”) at the University of California at Santa Cruz from 1974 to 1976. (My first two years at UCSC were wasted in a failed attempt to be physics major.)
I am not on Facebook, WhatsApp, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, or any other social media site.
My email address is marka [AT] pobox [DOT] com, or you can use the contact form below: